What are the best strains for insomnia? — Are you a big fan of hard hitting indicas that leave your body buzzed and couch-locked? If so, then the WoahStork Strain Genie recommends the ten strains below for you! Whether you are looking for a fully relaxed and sedated effect after a hard day at work or you struggle with insomnia and are looking for a good night of sleep, these strains are packed with the appropriate terpene profile necessary to knock you out.
Before we jump into the list — what is it that makes certain strains more sleep-inducing than others? One of the largest contributors is the terpene myrcene. Myrcene is the most abundant terpene in cannabis (Mediavilla et al., 1997), which partially describes why cannabis is typically regarded as a relaxing drug. However, many different strains have different levels of myrcene, causing some to be more sedative than others. Myrcene has an aroma which is earthy, balsamic, spicy, and like cloves. Myrcene is naturally contained in many other plants, including mangoes, basil, hops, and lemon grass.
While more research needs to be done on the effects of terpenes, a bit is already known about the effects of myrcene. First of all, it is an analgesic, which means it is a natural pain killer. Furthermore, myrcene helps block inflammation, which decreases swelling. (Russo, 2008). Natural Pain Relief
Top 10 Strains for Insomnia
1) God’s Gift — Those truly suffering from insomnia will feel as though this strain is truly a gift from God. A cross between Grandaddy Purple and OG Kush, this heavy hitting indica will make your eyelids heavy and force a wave of relaxation all over your body.
2) King Louis XIII — Popular in southern California, King Louis XIII is also a descendant of OG Kush. This strain has an earthy and piney smell, reminiscent of a forest. Users describe King Louis XIII as being relaxing, narcotic, and sedating.
3) Purple Urkle — Purple Urkle is one of the darkest strains on the maSimilar to the color of these buds, this strain will get you ready for nighttime darkness. Also, this strain has a fruity grape candy flavor, making it a perfect midnight treat.
4) Kosher Kush — It is no surprise that Kosher Kush won the Cannabis Cup for Best Indica in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Legend has it that this strain was blessed by a Rabbi, so you know that this strain will put you in a good place.
5) Skywalker — Commonly seen selling at a 20% premium over other indicas in Southern California, this rather rare strain is unparalleled in its ability to abolish pain, induce relaxation, and send users off into a deep sleep.
6) Romulan — This old school classic is famous for being a strong indica. Combining Columbian and Korean landraces, Romulan has a distinctive spicy taste from its rich terpene profile. Put down those narcotics and try some Romulan instead.
7) Master Bubba — A cross between Master Kush and Bubba Kush, Master Bubba is perfect for relieving pain and stress. Furthermore, it will put you in a relaxed state perfect for treating insomnia. Master Bubba has enough potency to knock you into a deep sleep.
8) Chemo — Chemo has been around since the 70’s in Canada and was initially invented to help the side effects of chemotherapy. This strain is also great for relieving pain or in addition to being one of the more sedative strains for insomnia.
9) Ingrid — A cross between Afghani Swiss and Big Bud, Ingrid has dense buds that are almost a neon green color with a skunky aroma. The high starts off as a cerebral head buzz, but soon mellows out into a powerful relaxing high. Ingrid is another solid nighttime indica worth trying.
10) XXX OG — XXX OG is another strain derived from OG Kush and XXX, and, therefore, will have that OG Kush funk we have all come to love. This strain took the top spot for the 2014 Los Angeles Cannabis Cup, so the experts agree this strain is the perfect indica.
Any indica lover looking for a good night sleep should give these strains a try. Let the Stork help you find the perfect nighttime strains for insomnia. Find any one of these strains at a nearby dispensary that carries them! Medical Marijuana do you need to try a different Strain?
CBD Oil as an Alternative Treatment:
CAUTION!! If you have a job or other circumstance that requires you to drug test use CBD Oil with little to no THC! THC will show on a drug test. This CBD Oil however, does NOT contain any THC!! This makes it the perfect choice for those who want to give it try to see if it’s healing benefits work for them (I’ve never had anyone that did not see positive benefits), without the risk of showing positive for Marijuana on a drug screen.
To purchase or For more Information go HERE
Original article by: Nicco Reggente January 28, 2016