It’s hard to not be fascinated with the avocado. Not unlike other green treasures we have grown to love, this smooth, filling fruit provides an abundance of health benefits. With all 18 of the essential amino acids, it qualifies as a complete protein, and because of its high fiber content, is easier to digest than animal protein.
Some mistakenly dismiss avocados when informed of their high fat content, but don’t be fooled! Avocados have less fat per ounce than lean beef, and one avocado contains less fat than three tablespoons of Italian salad dressing. Further, avocados are coined a “healthy fat” for a reason: they contain monounsaturated fats that boost your level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) to in turn help reduce cholesterol and risk of heart disease. Pair this with cannabis and some other savory flavors and you, my friend, are looking at a green bowl of health! Marijuana Infused Coconut Oil (Recipe)
Avocados could be categorized as the perfect ingredient for preparing healthy cannabis edibles such as cannabis-infused guacamole. THC is fat-soluble, not water-soluble, meaning it’s necessary to fuse cannabis with fattier foods to activate the THC and yield the herb’s medicinal benefits. Usually, this is easily achieved by creating high-fat, high-sugar, highly processed dishes like cookies and brownies. Avocados’ unique fat content offer a remarkably healthy alternative for those who want the medicinal benefit without the empty calories. Medical Marijuana Infused Drinks
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Guacamole (or “Guaca-holy-mole!”)
Start to finish: 1 hour
Yields: 6-10 servings
Approximate dosage: 30 milligrams*
- 3 tablespoons cannabis oil
- 4 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 2 lime, juiced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ⅓ C cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 g cannabis, ground into a fine powder
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed then minced
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Sea salt, finely ground
- Cayenne pepper
- Chiles (serrano, jalapeno, etc.), diced
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Spread the ground cannabis on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes or more.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except for the cannabis.
3. Stir in the ground cannabis after it’s done baking.
4. Adjust with optional add-ins until the desired spice/seasoning is reached.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For a quicker version, pick up some salsa or pre-prepared Pico de gallo from the grocery store rather than the individual salsa ingredients listed above.
*Note: The amount of infused oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Original article at: https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/recipe-how-to-make-cannabis-infused-guacamole